Transportation Guide for Older Adults & People with Disabilities
- Transportation Guide for Older Adults & People with Disabilities
- Transportation Guide for Older Adults & People with Disabilities (Spanish Version)
- How to use the Transportation Guide & Toolkit
- Presentation Template to be used by Aging Service Providers
Transportation Toolkit for Older Adults, People with Disabilities, Caregivers & Aging Service Providers
Transportation Mini-Series: Video recordings about transportation considerations for older adults and people with disabilities.
How to Find Transportation Options in North Carolina
- This 10-minute video shares information about finding transportation options for older adults and people with disabilities in North Carolina.
- NC4A Transportation PowerPoint
AARP Driver Resource Overview
- Description: This 20-minute video provides an overview of the resources AARP has for older drivers including; Driver Safety Program, Smart DriverTEK, CarFit, and the “We Need To Talk” program that helps determine how to assess older adults driving skills and provide tools to help you have conversations about retiring from driving.
- AARP Driver Safety Overview PowerPoint
Transportation for Older Adults, People with Disabilities and Caregivers: A Critical Lifeline Supporting Independence
- Description: This 25-minute video provides an overview of the National Aging & Disability Transportation Center, the importance of transportation, transportation challenges and barriers, and transportation considerations for older adults and people with disabilities.
- National Aging and Disability Transportation Center PowerPoint
The Centralina region is made up of nine counties that are highly interconnected from a transportation perspective. As our region continues to grow, we expect to see more demands placed on our transit systems. Simultaneously, our population is aging quickly and we will have more individuals that do not drive, but will need to depend on public transit, human service transit, private options or volunteer drivers to get them to their needed destinations.
Here at Centralina we work with existing transportation providers within our nine-county region to increase coordination between systems and enhance transportation options for the members of the community. We hope to create a more livable region that is positioned to meet the needs of all its citizens, including those who are most vulnerable.